February 2013 and 2014 marked the beginning of a whole month of no sugar for me and the Farmgirlfit gals! I blogged my food journal, daily thoughts, and sugar-absent recipes I dug up/made up out of desperation. It was a good cleanse fulled by pure creativity, reading food labels, and sheer willpower (plus the accountability of a fine group of ladies and, of course, the Internet).
- no refined sugar (white, brown, etc.)
- no juices, sugary creamers, sodas (diet or regular)
- no candy, cookies, cakes, ice creams, syrups, etc.
- limited fruits; dried fruits for the first week only
- no honey or agave nectar
- no alcohol
- no refined white flour
- limited dairy intake
- no Stevia, Splenda, Equal, or other sugar substitutes
- nothing with the label “sugar-free”
- anything that has sugar ingredients in it (anything ending in -tose or -tol or cane juice)