This 3rd annual Christmas letter is brought to you by the end of the world! (Sorry, had to acknowledge the ridiculousness.) But seriously, it’s 4 days till Christmas, and I wanted to post a look back on 2012 before Jerod and I go off the grid for the holiday weekend. Check out these snippets of what happened to us this year!
- Marriage. Probably the biggest news of the year, Jerod and I tied the knot on June 23 after a 13-month engagement. We honeymooned in Alaska for a week, and are two days away from celebrating our 6-month anniversary. It’s been a crazy ride so far, and we enjoy figuring out life together.
- New(ish) jobs. Jerod got promoted to a new position at Norlift Inc. as social media and marketing manager. I left my job at the Journal of Business in March, and started work as a nanny for a local family in April.
- Freelancing. I’m also continuing to freelance for different organizations. I redesigned and edited a Bible study workbook, Rebuilding the Ancient Ruins, for Regenerated Heart Ministries, and was recently tapped as the new women’s ministry graphic design consultant at Berean Bible Church.
- Ministry opportunities. Jerod and I serve together on the Berean worship team (he works the sound board, I sing and play the keyboard) twice a month. We have continued working with the reVIVE college group, hosting a Bible study in our home on Monday nights and teaching on Sunday mornings. We also coach a 3/4th grade boys’ Upward basketball team.
- Crossfit. I celebrated one year of membership with Farmgirlfit in November, and I don’t see myself quitting anytime soon. I love lifting weights and challenging myself to improve when I go twice a week. I’m competing in my first crossfit competition, WOD Warrior, on Jan. 13.
Jerod and I wish you a peaceful and joyous Christmas, wherever you happen to find yourself this year. We’re looking forward to an exciting 2013!