While catching up on Amanda Grove‘s blog posts today (I hate it when I get behind, they’re all so good!), I noticed that she had received a Liebster Award for her blog! It totally deserved the recognition: Amanda and her husband are working in Korea right now, and she has been chronicling all their adventures there.
As I read on, I was pleasantly surprised and flattered to see that she turned around and gave me and four other bloggers the same award! Super cool. I love this little corner of the Internet, and now that my blog is Liebster- and Amanda-approved it makes me even more excited to externally process here. 🙂
What’s a Liebster Award? Amanda summed it up like this:
I have to admit I had no idea what the heck a Liebster Award was, so after extensive Googling I think I have found my answer.
Liebster is a German word meaning ‘favorite’ or ‘beloved.’ This award is usually given to inspirational blogs that have 200 or less followers.
Here are the rules for this award:
Upon receipt of the award, one is to:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it
2. Paste the award on the blog
3. Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to
4. Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
The top 5 blogs that deserve a Liebster Award, according to me? Check these out:
To accept this award (which I do!) I need to nominate other blogs (which I did) and answer some questions from my nominator.
1. If you had a week to live, what would you do? Get a tattoo, go skydiving, hitchhike as far through Europe as I could get.
2. What is the number one travel adventure that you’ve always wanted to go on? A cruise to Antarctica.
3. Who is your biggest role model and why? Hmm. In the crossfit corner of my life, I’d have to say I admire the expectant and new mamas at my gym, Farmgirlfit. Working that hard with a little workout buddy inside you has got to be tough, but from what I’ve seen it seems to be fulfilling. Thanks for a great example, ladies!
4. If you were given $1,000,000 what would you do with it? Put away a nice nest egg and give the rest away.
5. If you were shipwrecked on an island and could only choose 3 people to be there with you, who would they be? Wow. This one is tough. Definitely Jerod. Probably Rachel and Tobin for second and third, because then Jerod and I would both have a friend. 🙂
The last part of this award is to pose a few questions for the blogs I nominated. I’m excited to see what your answers are! 🙂
1. What is your definition of strength?
2. If you could pick any exotic pet (regardless of the legality of owning it), what would it be?
3. What is the best recipe you’ve ever made from Pinterest/the Internet?