I never thought that my best year ever would include pregnancy and a baby. Feeling huge, waddling around, enduring a 100% natural birth at home (in a pool, no less), changing diapers, and blurry-eyed middle-of-the-night feeding sessions would not have sounded awesome a couple of years ago. I was perfectly happy being married and kid-less.
But now I can’t imagine what my life would be without her.
This is sappy mama stuff. Something that used to make me emotionally gag now gives me emotional and spiritual peace and fulfillment. Not that a baby fixes everything (believe me, they break a lot more things than they fix), but Rebecca fills a part of me I didn’t realize was wanting.
Other things have happened this year, but Rebecca Meagan was definitely the highlight. It’s hard to remember anything else, but for the sake of posterity, I’ll create a list of other occurrences:
- We refinished a dresser. Our first real DIY project!
- I celebrated my 5th year at Farmgirlfit, and started doing childcare on Wednesdays there.
- Jordan & Kyah got married!
- Esther and I started running YUM Meals, a monthly food service for busy families.
- We saw the Piano Guys in concert (SO GOOD).
- We took Becca glamping (we used an RV, so it wasn’t real camping) when she was 1 month old.
- Jerod began serving in the high school youth ministry at Valley Bible Church.
- Jerod and I both turned 28.
- I ran my first 5K on Aug. 6, exactly 2 months after Becca was born.
- My long-distance bestie, Cortney, came to visit and see the PNW for the first time.
- I tried to make my own kombucha and it turned into a mold and fruit fly attractant. I didn’t drink it.
- We did hydro-boarding for the first time on Cd’A Lake.
- Sarah, Becca, and I ran away to Cannon Beach for a few days, and managed to catch the only sunny days that month.
- My parents got a new chiweenie puppy, Henry!
- Jerod and I read through the entire Bible.
- Celebrated Becca’s first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Holidays are so much cooler when you share them with a kiddo.
Goodbye, 2016. I know a lot of people are talking crap about you, but you’re one of my favorite years. Stay classy.